Like many of you, my levels of joy and happiness have lately been waning. In fact, the last nine months have been the equivalent of a lit dumpster, overflowing with shit-filled diapers and being kept ablaze by cases of White Claw being drenched on top of it. It would take a miracle to turn this year around.
My fellow Star Wars nerds, ask and you shall receive.
— Pedro Pascal he/him (@PedroPascal1) September 15, 2020
The trailer for the newest season of The Mandalorian dropped on Tuesday, and for a GLORIOUS one minute and forty-eight seconds, I blissfully got lost in a galaxy far, far away.
What’s in store this next season for Mando and the greatest animatronic puppet that makes your own children look like gutter trash? (I said what I said, and you know I’m right.) Here’s what we know straight from Disney:
“The Mandalorian and the Child continue their journey, facing enemies and rallying allies as they make their way through a dangerous galaxy in the tumultuous era after the collapse of the Galactic Empire.”
That’s it, and guess what? Disney and Lucasfilm knows you’re going to watch it, love it, and make it your life’s sole mission to
harass petition them to have Jon Favreau take over the Star Wars franchise. No? Just me?
So, with a less than two minute trailer, can one actually have deep thoughts during The Mandalorian trailer? Child. Do you even know me?
Ten Thoughts I Had While Watching The Mandalorian Trailer
- Look at Mando coming in like the DILF of Disneyland he really is.
- If this isn’t used for a “Walking Out of 2020 Like” meme, then what are we even doing with our lives?
- So, Baby Yoda is now “The Creature?” Well, that’s a downgrade and grounds for a therapy session or two.
- That’s right: the Mandalorians think the Jedis are “enemy sorcerers.” This is like Cobra Kai in Space. Also, Cobra Kai is awesome and I’m going to binge it again after watching this trailer.
- I know this isn’t Rosario Dawson as Ahsako Tano, but I think we just got a glimpse at some future Star Wars Celebration cosplay.
- If you didn’t squeal like a child on Christmas and clap your hands in giddy delight when you saw this X-Wing fighter, you have no right to call yourself a Star Wars fan.
- “Where ever I go, he goes.” I swear, if Mando was a single dad on Match, I would swipe right and immediately slide into his DMs. My first message? “Leave just the helmet on.”
- Essentially, all of us while watching this year’s presidential debates.
- “This is the way.” Will someone please write some Mando fan fiction smut because that is the perfect one-liner after a mind-blowing orgasm.
- This trailer is ten times more exciting than the entire Rise of Skywalker film. I have spoken.
All images courtesy of Lucasfilm.
The Mandalorian Season 2 premieres October 30th on Disney+. This is the way.
Julie believes great books should be read more than once and prides herself on finding the "dirty part" in any romance novel under a minute. Loves red wine but loves it more when shared with friends. Has an (embarrassingly) extensive knowledge about all things Brooklyn Nine-Nine and New Girl. Is currently curating the perfect playlists that ALWAYS include a song from one of the Twilight soundtracks.