We are kicking off the decade with our first annual The Cool Table Book Challenge. The authors at TCT have compiled a list of book ideas that should get you out of any book rut and into a good book glut.
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.” – Lemony Snicket
The Book Challenge 2020 is a nice mix of potential topics, from unsparing to easy-breezy
beautiful Cover Girl. We will be checking in throughout the year to see how you — and we — are doing. Good luck!
You can download a printable PDF of the TCT Book Challenge right here! Hang it on your fridge, put it on your vision board, tape it to your nightstand, paste it in the cover of your iPad.
- Read a mystery/thriller where the victim is not a woman
- Read a 2020 debut novel written an LGBTQIA+ author
- Read a book with a neurodiverse lead character
- Read a book about a topic that intimidates you
- Read a book about the refugee experience
- Read a book with “Twenty” or 20 in the title
- Read the first book you touch on your TBR shelf with your eyes closed
- Don’t read a book. Listen to one.
- Read a book set in the 1920s
- Read a book set in Japan, host of the 2020 Summer Olympics
- Read a book published when you were 20
- Read a book you know will make you happy
- Read a book you think you will hate
- Read a book about someone losing/leaving their religion
- Read a book with a lead character that has a physical disability
- Read a book by someone who has been imprisoned
- Read a book about bad deeds done by the U.S. Government
- Read a cookbook published in 2020 and make one of the recipes
- Read a book from the 1619 Book List
- Read a book recommended by The Cool Table!
“Wicked people never have time for reading. It’s one of the reasons for their wickedness.” -Lemony Snicket